While the Oak Hill Parkway Project is looking at long-term solutions to address traffic congestion and related issues, the Texas Department of Transportation has completed and opened to traffic two interim intersection improvement projects in the Oak Hill area to ease congestion, improve mobility and enhance safety due to heavy congestion resulting from tremendous population growth.
To learn more about these new improvements in the Oak Hill area, visit the TxDOT project website here.
Improvements at FM 1826 to Convict Hill:
- Dual left turn
- Right turn lane on US 290
- Pedestrian accessible crossing at US 290
- Center turn lane between FM 1826 to Convict Hill
- Bicycle lane through intersection
Improvements at US 290 at Joe Tanner:
- Reconfiguring intersection to allow westbound U-turns only
Click here to view US 290 at Joe Tanner intersection improvements exhibit
Improvements at US 290/SH 71 West and William Cannon Blvd :
- Continuous flow intersection
Click here to view US 290/William Cannon "Continuous Flow" Intersection Improvement Visualization
Click here to view US 290/SH 71 intersection improvements exhibit
Click here to view US 290 at William Cannon intersection improvements exhibit