What We Are Building
- TxDOT will build an upgraded, state-of-the-art roadway consisting of 2-to-3 non-stop US 290 mainlanes for through traffic in each direction, as well as 2-to-3 frontage road lanes in each direction.
- An overpass for the US 290 mainlanes over William Cannon Drive will be built, along with new flyovers between US 290 and SH 71. At this location, the US 290 mainlanes will be lowered under SH 71.
- New intersections will be constructed along US 290 at Convict Hill Road, RM 1826, Scenic Brook Drive and Circle Drive (South View Road) where the highway will go below the existing ground level and the cross street will remain at ground level.
- U-turns will be constructed at intersections along US 290 and SH 71 to allow vehicles traveling on frontage roads to access the opposite direction frontage road.
- Along SH 71, the flyover ramps will extend past Scenic Brook Drive where the mainlanes will transition to a 5-lane (three lanes northbound, two lanes southbound) highway with U-turns for local access.
- Significant bicycle and pedestrian accommodations will be built along the entire corridor, including 14 miles of shared-use path and 1 1/2 miles of sidewalks.
- An offsite stormwater detention pond will be built upstream of Williamson Creek near Old Bee Caves Road and Sunset Ridge to reduce potential flooding, and multiple water quality treatment ponds will be built within the corridor.
- New landscaping, tree plantings and corridor aesthetics will be part of the construction plan.
Questions about the Oak Hill Parkway Project, where we’ve been and where we’re headed? Let us know!
The design, landscaping and aesthetic features that are illustrated in these renderings are considered an artistic rendering for conceptual purposes only. All images are subject to change.