Area transportation agencies are working to improve safety and mobility in Oak Hill. Learn more about the many transportation projects adjacent to Oak Hill Parkway.
- Proposed improvements to RM 1826 south of US 290
- Proposed improvements to US 290 from RM 1826 to Sportsplex Drive
- Oak Hill Park & Ride; interim location at the ACC Pinnacle Campus with potential improvements through Project Connect
- Proposed improvements to William Cannon Drive from Southwest Parkway to Escarpment Boulevard
- The proposed YBC (Y at Oak Hill to Barton Creek) Trail
- Proposed improvements to MoPac from Cesar Chavez Street to Slaughter Lane
- Future transportation planning is included in the latest CAMPO Regional Transportation Plan
There are also private contractors working in the area on developments unaffiliated with Oak Hill Parkway. These projects are bringing new housing, business development and recreational facilities. Along with that construction comes additional noise and dust. We have also noted some cut through truck traffic in area neighborhoods from trucks not connected with the Oak Hill Parkway project. The private sector construction is further evidence that Oak Hill is growing rapidly, and transportation improvements are necessary to better meet current and future safety and mobility needs.